Sunday, December 7, 2014

Toxic Trauma



I just got used to the idea of replacing the spoonfuls of sugar in my coffee with copious amounts of milk given all the negative press sugar has been receiving over the past years.  

Already I had cut down on my chocolate caramel shortbread consumption after the bad fats hype, so I was  quite confident to be on a healthy track.

But helas!  Apparently more than 300ml of milk a day is likely to kill you prematurely as well....!  Go figure.

So I cut out coffee altogether as of two weeks ago and redirected my hot drink addiction to spiced tea, preferably cinnamon, the tasty cholesterol lowering bark that makes a cup of watery brew halfway enjoyable.

But it seems like I can’t win.  

Apparently now cinnamon has become the new baddy -  especially the cheaper Chinese variety one would find in a tea bag or Christmas cookie.
  
What’s next?  

Water.  


Wanta bet?!

No comments: