Thursday, July 10, 2014

From Back Here



From where I am standing, it seems as if things are spinning out of control.  From cyber crime to genocide, from overpopulation to ozone evaporation, from endangered species to energy depletion.  

How am I to stop  digital criminals, rampaging generals, horny hillbillies and captains of industries and with it the entire world from spinning faster and faster for no good reason?  

From where I am standing, it feels rather sobering that little of what I see wrong with the plot can be helped by anything I am even remotely interested in doing.  This is truly a man-made script and from where I am standing, I can barely see centre stage.  

So here I am, a second rate stage hand - at least, I think that’s what it feels like - and all I can do is push the props around....baby prams, school bags, healthy greens....and from time to time chime into the refrain about sustainability and community...

But maybe, I keep telling myself, that is really what counts while the plot is spiralling out of control and the actors are stumbling in a drunken stupor.   


At least that’s how it appears from where I am standing.

No comments: