Monday, August 8, 2011

Coming About!


I took this picture of the girls last week. What a fun day that was! I had spent the afternoon training on a bigger boat, a Wayfarer, which to Popeye’s (my instructor) pronounced dismay I kept referring to as the Windfairy - but then, what princess comes up with the names anyway?

I don’t know exactly what made me sign up for the course to begin with. I don’t like boats and I don’t care much about the people sailing them, but I guess wating in a parking lot for the girls to get done was even more dreadful and so I thought, signing up was acutally a good idea.

Four days and a close call with the divorce lawyer later, I would say, sometimes it is worth considering waiting in a parking lot for a couple of hours.

Why Matt had to take me out on the dinghy the day after I got my little certificate, when actually everyone else was taking their boats out of the water, I don’t know. But then, it’s not like he took me for a wee on a leash. I could have barked at him and stayed home, but somehow, I thought, he knew what he was doing.

But then, that would mean taking the mad out of Matt. And without that we probably wouldn’t be sailing together still after twenty years.

No comments: