Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chained


Okay, I am beginning to have not such a great time. I am a sucker when it comes to xmas, so it is pretty hard for me to be in a foul mood at this time of the year, but I have to admit that there are far too few outrageous christmas decorations around. I have only spotted two reindeers so far and they acted kind of shy.

And another thing: what is wrong with keeping the xmas lights on in the streets throughout the day? It IS after all GRAY enough in this part of the world. So why not lighten it up a bit more? Is it wasteful maybe? Is it squandering our scarce resources?

I will tell you what’s wasteful (and it’s not to lighten up a bit for a couple of weeks a year). It’s producing miles and miles of christmas lights that don’t work.

If one is concerned about wasting energy and resources one should start there. Never have I had such a lousy experience getting the lights going around the house. I can’t really blame anyone who doesn’t even bother.

As for me, I am beginning to wonder how many trips to the recycling dump it will take to get rid of all those non-functioning miles of cheap imports. In fact, I am not even sure I am willing to make the trip. These lights may just have to fester in the local dump with all the rest of humanity’s detritus. After all, you gotta start saving energy somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so on to New year's .....pura vida