Friday, September 7, 2007

Just Shoot Me



One thing I do now when I am traveling by plane is hide water bottles in my carry-on luggage. Out of five bottles they usually find three or four. The inevitably bull-necked officer at security raises his eyebrows at me – the idiot who can’t follow directions— and gives me the ‘m’am-I’ll-need-to-open-your-bags’ address. As always, I smile woefully sorry...the kids, you know.

Usually I also carry empty water bottles with me so that I can fill them once I get through the checkpoint. Then, however, they tend to get me at the next one.

What can you do? With three kids and one of the worst years for delays in airline travel I am not going to deny us water. To hell with whatever bomb bull crap scare these little big boys came up with now. I am so tired of it.

All these years I have been trying to grow up and get over my issues. The world around me, however, seems to be getting crazier by the minute. And it’s fine if it was just your normal kind of craziness but the destructive force behind it makes me sad and, as it is, really thirsty.

I smile at the security guy: Life is tough, I know.

No comments: