Monday, April 2, 2007

WOMAZZLE is...

womazzle was conceived on a balmy night at an Italian café on the outskirts of San José, Costa Rica. Unlike my other children, she was a truly immaculate conception – a deed which, as those of you who have tried may have found out, is impossible with the involvement of male genitalia. She stems from the seeds of my female soul mate and ally, Susan. Born head first and drug free, much like my other children, womazzle saw the light of this planet after prolonged labor followed by a speedy act of pushing. My partner, and midwife, was at my side guiding me through the stages while sipping away at a glass of cabernet – which to her dismay was chilled. When womazzle was out, I immediately bonded by placing this brainchild of ours close to my heart. The nursing could begin.

womazzle is a love child. I carried her around with me a long time before she actually saw the light of this world. At first, like any parent, I was very protective of her but now I feel comfortable that she can stand her own among all the other loons. But make no mistake she is loud and fearless. She will not spare you nor will she try to hide from your attacks. She is who she is and in her way she is dazzling. I hope you will come to love her as much as I and those who helped bring her into this world.

No comments: