Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bad Apple




There is really no good reason why I just got another Apple computer and an iPhone 5.  I thought, of course, that by doing so I would solve all my software and compatibility problems - stupidly ignoring the fact that ninety percent of my problems are caused by Apple products.

We have had Macs for ten years now.  All have failed me in one way or another.  iTunes turned out to be awfully clumsy to use, iPhoto completely crashed on my labtop (no Apple wizard was able to fix it even when I sent it in), my USB ports all gave out (so I am working with external ones) and I am unable to copy files onto CD because my disc drive no longer works.  Is that normal?  

Shrugs.  Bad apples are everywhere.

For the time being, I have had my fill of marketing promises and the Apple Help Forum.  After three hours of password  entering, downloading, updating and problem solving, my frustration tolerance has reached its limit.  

Time is precious.  Apple is not.

No comments: