Saturday, March 10, 2012

And so it goes...


Now this is true (forget anything else I have said before...):

At 42 your brain is very actively binning info. It’s streamlining so it won’t get all blubbery over the next sixty years of your life. Understandable, if you think about it.

So as I am ploughing through another fascinating tale of British queens and kings, underlining, cross-referencing and aha-ing, I already know that soon I won’t remember the dates of the important treaty between royals and subjects that so captured my attention.

Then, soon thereafter, I will forget the exact title of the treaty. The next thing to go will be what exactly it was about and then eventually all that will remain is that some important treaties were signed a long time ago in...uh, England. And that moment will be soon.

Uh.

Now.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

It could be worse: sometimes, you read the book, ahaing - and later you realize you had already read the book years ago!!!!