Friday, June 18, 2010

Sigh!

It's past nine again. I am completely wiped after a day of ripping out shrubs that I planted in the place of flowers that were not to be there to begin with, while at the same time keeping Julian out of trees, reviewing French irregular verbs with Zoe and planning for Lea's first sleep over. It was the topic of the day, of course, and so while I was hauling clumps of roots around the garden, I was also going through a list of things in my mind to remember, in order not to scare Lea's new best friend away. After all, she has horses!

The obvious first one being, of course, not to use the f... word too often. The next one then trying not to launch the juice maker through the window again. Or if it can't be avoided (I hate juice makers) to at least say "Oops." And also, to plan my trip to the bathroom better in order not to emerge, as usual, like venus out of the waves - stark naked. Only Jules finds that mildly entertaining. And the list goes on.

I wonder why she is looking so much forward to the visit. Maybe it is more about me then her friend. Maybe she is getting back at me, maybe she just wants me to be NORMAL for once.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I think my girls would like me to be more normal too, at least around their friends. Have fun!