Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Last Chance ...


It was only a dream. It was completely surreal but at the same time so very sharp and to the point. In it I was somehow caught in a purchase dilemma and I almost fell for it: I almost had my toe nails pulled for the mere reason that I was told that it was my last chance to do so!!

But, as luck had it, I was last in line. Throngs of people where pushing towards the booth with the enticing last-chance-offer and I happened to be nowhere near the lucky ones in front.

For a moment, cold panic took hold of me. What if I was going to miss out? What if I was going to get stuck with my toe nails sadly stuck to their beds? A worrisome look at my toes and the still attached nails made me re-assess the situation, however.

Was there any trouble with my toe nails? Granted, they could need a little trim around the edges, but I had proven to be quite capable of doing that myself in the past. No need for yanking devices and fees charged for services rendered.

So while people ahead of me were still pushing onward to make their way to the booth, I slowly withdrew from the crowd only to wake up in my bed, toenails and all still intact...

I really liked that one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you kept them. Love your toes.

Alison said...

Wow, that has a dash of Bunuel for sure!