Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fish Chat


I was at the beach with the kids. Woman, it was great! Pure tropical paradise. When I say, Costa Rica was never on the map for me as far as home bases go, it’s a very fine choice for right now, I can tell you that much.

I also can tell you that I really like watching fish go about their fish business. It puts me in a serene state of mind and it’s really funny. Besides, whoever came up with those stunning designs? Florescent night-sky blue with light blue polka dots? Get outta here! And the curves, lines, and angles on those things, phew!

So before I had to jam everyone and their beach bucket into the car to drive the six hours back to San José yesterday, I left for an hour to go snorkeling. It was 7:30am and sunny, a light breeze was coming in from the Caribbean, the water was calm and blazing green.

Fred, my father-in-law, went with me and together we snorkeled around the reef just off Punta Uva. It’s a good way to spend a morning. It takes your mind off to-do lists, baby poop, and software trouble. And although I was staring at fish the whole time, I wasn’t even thinking about food – not once, I swear.

We saw the pug-nosed yellow fellow, the tiger troupes, the silver swishies, the dark blue flasher, and a fine selection of Nemo’s friends and foes. All of them said to say hello.

Pura Vida!

No comments: